Stony Plain plays host to a number of summer festivals each year. With Heritage Park conveniently located along the west side of Stony Plain, there is always something to discover.
Blueberry Bluegrass & Country Music Society Festival
The Blueberry Bluegrass festival is known as “Canada’s largest bluegrass festival”! (Pictured above)
When: July 31 – August 2, 2015
Friday 12 pm – 11 pm, Saturday 9:30 am – 11 pm, Sunday 10 am – 11 pm
Where: Heritage Park, Stony Plain
Things to Do
- Enjoy bluegrass music all weekend long
- Take in a workshop Saturday morning – learn more about song writing, how to play bluegrass fiddle, mandolin, banjo, upright bass, and guitar
- Send your kids to the Youth Bluegrass Boot Camp Workshop on Saturday afternoon where they can get some great instruction from bluegrass musicians (make sure to bring your instrument!)
- Kids can head over for some fun at the Kids Craft Tent on Saturday and Sunday
See this year’s Blueberry Bluegrass Festival schedule.
Stony Plain Cowboy Festival
The Stony Plain Cowboy Festival celebrates the cowboy scene through music, poetry, visual arts, and crafts.
When: August 21 – 23, 2015
Friday 2 pm – 12 pm, Saturday 8 am – 12 pm, Sunday 8 am – 2 pm
Where: Friday – Founder’s Barn, Saturday – Heritage Park Pavilion, Sunday – Founder’s Building
Things to Do
- Take in a BBQ dinner at 6 pm Friday
- Join the festival at 8 pm Friday for a good old-fashioned camp fire
- Head out to the Pancake Breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings from 8 am – 11 am
- Experience a Pig Roast Saturday evening from 5 pm – 7 pm
- Dance the night away from 10 pm – midnight on Saturday
See this year’s Stony Plain Cowboy Festival schedule.